Karen de la Cruz is a licensed facilitator and consultant of the Center for Leadership and Change, Inc. (CLCI) where she conducts workshops on the 7 Habits of Highly Effective PeopleTM .
Connect with Karen: email@example.com
She is an industrial and metaphysical psychologist, specializing in training, psychological and communications research and fund raising consultancy.
She has conducted several programs and workshops both for CLCI and on her own, on corporate culture, organizational change, leadership and other psychology-related topics. Her clients come from the business, government, education and NGO sectors. She also does volunteer work for health-related causes, particularly in cancer. She has been a regular guest on TV shows as Consulting Resource Psychologist.
She graduated from the Ateneo de Manila University with a degree in Communication Arts then went on to pursue her Masteral Degree in Industrial / Organizational Psychology in the same university, and a doctoral degree in Metaphysical Psychology from the U.S. through distant education.
- Business Partner, Incorporator & Vice President, Marketing: Advocacies Convergence & Events Strategists, Inc. (new company, established June 2005
- Organization Psychologist, Training and Change Management Consultant
- Certified Facilitator for the Center for Leadership and Change, Inc., the exclusive distributor of FranklinCovey Co. programs
- Volunteer Psychologist for the Philippine Cancer Society, Inc.
PERSONAL MISSION STATEMENT:
In anything I do, I will help people realize that there is something good IN them so that they can create hope within, shift their outlook, and eventually make a change to re-create their lives for the better.
Training and Organizational Development Consultant
Marketing Specialist and Fund Raising Project Management and
Events Management and Conference Direction
Organizational Research and Culture Studies
Creative and Technical Writing
College: a graduate of AB Communication Arts
Ateneo de Manila University (a Jesuit University)
Philippines, March 1981
Graduate studies: Has two masteral degrees:
Organizational & Industrial Psychology
Ateneo de Manila University, March 1992
University of Metaphysics, USA
A doctoral degree holder:
PH D in Metaphysical Psychology
University of Metaphysics
USA, August 2000
Licensed and Certified Facilitator: FranklinCovey Co. Programs
(7 Habits of Highly Effective People and
other FCC programs)
ADVOCACIES CONVERGENCE & EVENTS STRATEGISTS, INC.
Unit 31, 2nd Floor, Facilities Center, Shaw Boulevard, Mandaluyong
Tel. No. 534-46527; 533-9717
Center for Leadership and Change, Inc.
Ateneo Professional Schools
HV de la Costa St.,
Makati City, Philippines
As a professional, Karen is an Organizational Psychologist and Management Consultant, having served clients in the private sector, government and education. Past and Current Clients include:
- Philips Semiconductors, Inc.
- Amkor Technology Philippines
- Mirant Philippines, Inc.
- Accenture, Inc.
- AOL Philippines, Inc
- Microsoft Philippines, Inc.
- Pepsi Cola Products Philippines (climate survey research)
- Globalink Holdings Corporation
- Glaxo Smithkline, Inc.
- ChevronTexaco, Philippines, Inc.
- Chevron-Texaco Philippines, Inc.
- Sara Lee Direct Marketing
- Procter and Gamble
- Convergys (one of the world’s largest call centers)
- People Support (call center)
- Analog Devices
- Kenny Rogers Roasters
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Toyota Philippines
- Shell Philippines, Inc.
- Shell Exploration and Production
- Star Cinema (a company of ABS-CBN, the country’s largest network)
- Philippine Daily Inquirer
- Philippine Star
- MTRCB: Movie & TV Rating Classification Board
- BusinessWorld Publishing, Inc.
- United Coconut Planters Life Assurance Co.
- Philippine National Bank
- Universal Robina Corporation
- San Miguel Corporation
- Jollibee Foods Corporation (The Philippines’ largest fast food chain)
- SM Supermalls (the Philippines’ largest mall and retail business)
- Quisumbing-Torres Law Office
- Roco Kapunan Migallos Perez and Luna Law Offices
Government agencies and corporations: (national and international)
- The Department of Energy
- Philippine Deposit Insurance Co.
- Department of Health
- Securities and Exchange Commission
- Career Executive Services Board
- Civil Service Commission
- Philippine National Oil Company
- Land Bank of the Philippines
- The Department of Trade and Industry
- Philippine National Oil Corporation (PNOC)
- Philippine International Trade Corporation
- Land Transportation Office (under the Department of Transportation and
- National Steel Corporation
- Office of the Mayor of San Fernando, La Union
- World Bank
- World Health Organization
- Ayala Foundation, Inc.
- Embassy of Canada
- International Labor Organization
- Philippine Society for Training and Development
- Philippine Computer Society
- Philippine Cancer Society, Inc.
- Filipino War Veterans Foundation, Inc.
- Philippine Foundation for Breast Care, Inc.
- Facilitated programs of FranklinCovey Co. through the exclusive licensee (Center for Leadership and Change, Inc):
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- 4 Roles of Leadership
- What Matters Most
- Power of Understanding
- Building Trust
- Power Principle: Influence with Honor
- Getting to Synergy
- Aligning Goals for Results
- 4 Disciplines of Execution
Strategic Planning and conduct of Mission, Vision and Values workshops
Conducted Training Needs Assessment and developed the training plan
Organizational Culture Research for Change Management
Self awareness, Team and Interteam development activities using psychological instruments such as:
- Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
- Fundamental Interpersonal Relationship Orientation – Behavior
- Personality Compass
- Emotional Quotient Map (assessment of Emotional Intelligence in relation to life satisfaction, stress, trust radius, constructive discontent, etc.)
- Signs of Life (Transpersonal Psychology self-awareness instrument)
Transition Management: Helping Retrenched Employees Plan for their Future
Lives in Transition: a personal free workshop conducted (upon request) by people who simply just need help in their personal lives (issues: death and dying, separation, resignation from job, career change, etc.)
Research Papers and Technical Papers written:
The 8th Habit Souvenir Program: November 19, 2004: Stephen R. Covey’s Visit to Manila
Annual Reports from 1995-1999 of the Philippine Cancer Society, Inc.
Annual Reports from 1994-2003 of the Filipino War Veterans Foundation, Inc.
Historical Milestones across 50 years: MANILA OVERSEAS PRESS CLUB (1997)
Historical Milestones across 50 years: Philippine Band of Mercy (2000)
Smith Bell and Co., Inc. History Across Three Flags in Celebration of their 125 years in the Philippines
Completion Report on the Training and Organizational Needs
Assessment conducted on the Management and Staff of United Coconut Life Assurance Co., Inc. (1996)
Program Design Manual and Workbooks for:
National Steel Corporation (1985) Values Development Program for Top Management
National Steel Corporation (1986) Values Enhancement Program for Middle
National Steel Corporation (1987-1989) Values Enhancement Program for Supervisors**
**These values workshops enabled National Steel Corporation to get the award on Best People Management from the World Executive Digest in 1990
For the International Labor Organization and Employers’ Confederation of the Philippines (On-going project):
The Design and Participants’ Workbook/manual on
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Trainer Training Manual on EEO
The EEO Primer for Chief Executive Officers
These are some of the papers written and presented during national cancer conferences in the country:
Hospice Care: How Hospice Care can Help Empower Patients and Families
National Cancer Conference 1994
The Type C Personality: The Cancer Personality (Studying Filipino Cancer Patients (presented during the National Cancer Conference, 1996)
Helping Children Cope with Parents who Have Cancer (a paper presented during the National Cancer Consciousness Week, 1998)
The Psychology Behind Dying (Fiipino Way) A brief presentation to volunteer support groups in Philippine Cancer Society (1998)
The Status of Support Groups in the Philippines A research presented during the National Cancer Conference(1999)
Concerns of Filipino Breast Cancer Patients (1997) A brief presentation of a research in one workshop to Breast Cancer Survivors
How to Organize Breast Cancer Support Groups Published for the cancer resource book ICANSERVE written by Breast Cancer survivor Kara Magsanoc-Alikpala
Raising Funds through Traditional and Creative Ways Presented during a Cancer Conference held in Atlanta, Georgia Year 1999
Survivors Supporting Survivors: Factors for Success behind a Breast Cancer Support Group, Asia Pacific Cancer Conference (2001)
Played an active role in lending psychological support to Bosom Buddies, one of the more well-organized breast cancer support groups in the Philippines, the organization of the Alliance for Life, a multi-sectoral group currently serving as the “alter-ego” of the Philippine Cancer Society, Inc. in running large-scale cancer-related activities.
Birthday: December 24, 1959